Lots of people have asked about website analytics on the Notre Dame blog system. Here’s a quick way to set it up for yourself. The main thing you need to know is that you’ll need a Google Account first. So if you don’t have one, set that up first. Then follow the steps below.
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Click on Access Analytics
- Login using your Google Account email/password
- Click on the little gear to the far right. Check out the image below to see where it is.
- In the center will be a Add New Account – click that.
- Fill out the info like Your Blog Name, the website address, change the time to Eastern, let it share data to other Google products, and check the Terms and Conditions.
- The next page will then have the Tracking Code. It’s the UA- number. Check out the image below.
- Now go back to your blog and login.
- Click on Settings at the very bottom of the left hand navigation.
- Drop the UA code in and then click Update Google Analytics Settings. If you can’t see Google Analytics, you might have to add the plugin. If that is the case, then go to Plugins and click Activate on Google Analytics.
- You should be set. Go back to Google Analytics in a couple of days and you should be able to see your analytics.
It’s not too painful but if you are still having issues, you can contact me via my office number or email and we’ll figure it out.